Welcome, Friends of the Faie!
You may have seen the post on the Storyteller's blog recently acknowledging that the journey from a twinkling of an idea to the stories of Feyron was not a solo exploration. I would like to introduce you to the guiding lights which helped me along the path.
First things first, how about I start by introducing myself?
Hi, my name's Diana, and like most people, I wear a lot of hats.
Full time job Number 1 - I'm a mom. That's a job that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. I don't quibble the semantics of family names (wife, mom, daughter, sister, etc). I am Mom. I do what needs to be done for my family. They are my Number 1 job, not just my first job.
Full time job number 2 - I work for a living. (note that I didn't say I write for a living) Monday - Friday I am an employee paid by an employer.
After work hours activities:
- Dance Mom - I am a dance mom. My children attend dance school. My oldest participates on dance team. This means Monday - Friday we arrive at dance school as early as 4pm and finish up as late as 9pm. On random weekends we attend dance events.
- Cosplay Mom - We attend several cosplay activities throughout the year, which means... making costumes for the activities.
- Book events - Last year I began attending events as a vendor to sell my books and gifts related to the books. This accounts not only for the time at the event, but for weeks of prep time to create the gifts to sell at each scheduled event.
- Last, but certainly not least, down time
(first off, don't laugh. I do get some time to do things I like to do and find relaxing. :) )
- crafting, sewing, designing, decorating, ball jointed dolls, role playing games (Dragon Age), anime (Beautiful Bones, Mushishi), reading (my taste in genre wanders from year to year), the great outdoors (I love a good weekend in a cabin at a state park somewhere.)
But wait a minute... Where's the WRITING?! You are an Indie Author, aren't you?
Ah, and therein lies the rub! You see... For me, writing comes from a quiet, relaxed creative place, and that can be difficult to find. All of 2015 was lost with no writing projects completed. I am hoping 2016 will see at least one completed writing project. Books 2 and 3 are in process with the voice artist for audio book release. And, who knows, perhaps I'll even get around to opening an online shop where I can sell the book gift sets.
If you'd like to see my official Author page, hop on over and have a look. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy meeting the Friends of the Faie each week. :)